Maintaining a strong sales workflow at the dealership is key to ensuring that car buyers are served both efficiently and effectively. However, it can be difficult to stay organized in a fast-paced sales environment such as automotive retail, and with innovations such as e-commerce and artificial intelligence making the sales process even more complicated, dealers must do everything in their power to keep their teams on track.
On this episode of Driving Solutions, host Jim Fitzpatrick is joined by Mark Vickery, associate vice president of performance management at Cox Automotive. Vickery is an automotive retail veteran who spent years honing his sales and management skills in the dealership. As an experienced salesperson and an integral member of the Cox Automotive team, he is also uniquely qualified to advise teams on the best strategies for their storefronts. Now, he joins the show to discuss the importance of a strong sales workflow and how it can unlock unparalleled advantages for dealers.
1. Sales workflow is crucial as it allows dealers to maximize their relationships with customers throughout the lifetime of their car-buying journey.
2. Dealers understand the importance of improving their sales workflow but have been hesitant to take on the task.
3. To start improving a dealership’s sales workflow, managers should search for areas in the process that could benefit from added convenience or flexibility.
4. Data is critical to identifying problem areas in the sales process and addressing both employee and customer pain points.
5. Cox Automotive offers services that can help dealers refine their sales workflow quickly and effectively. To learn more, visit their website here.
"We're going to change the way we sell cars because our customers are changing the way they want to buy cars." — Mark Vickery