There is a lot for car dealers to consider when it comes to designing compensation and incentive plans for your employees, and now is a great time to take a step back and re-evaluate those offerings. Joining us today to discuss best practices for recruiting star employees and redesigning compensation plans, is Ron MacEachern, General Manager at The Suburban Collection.
Staff recruiting and retention strategies have been a struggle for the retail automotive industry for many years. Dealers are constantly looking to hire the right people to help build a strong culture that will follow the organization for years to come. In this segment, MacEachchern and anchor Jim Fitzpatrick discuss how to build a great team that will provide a dealership with long-lasting stability including:
- The best practices for recruiting and retaining the top employees
- The need for a robust compensation plan
- What has worked at the Suburban Collection in regards to compensation and incentive plans
- Modifying the working hours for employees due to Michigan’s labor laws
- The benefits and challenges of moving away from the commission and going to salary
- Some of the benefits of hiring outside of the industry and investing in training
- How digital retailing has affected the skillset dealers are looking for
- What other changes that need to happen in the industry at large
For more great insight and expertise from Ron MacEachern, be sure to watch our entire interview above.
Did you enjoy this interview with Suburban Collection GM Ron MacEachern? Please share your thoughts, comments, or questions regarding this topic with host Jim Fitzpatrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date or catch-up on all of our podcasts on demand.
While you’re here, don’t forget to subscribe to our email newsletter for all the latest auto industry news from CBT News.