A new year isn’t just about dreaming; it’s about translating those dreams into tangible goals. On the latest episode of CBT Now, Sean Gardner, Instructor and Sales Trainer at the Joe Verde Group, joins us to discuss the importance of setting goals and following through with your plan.
1. Gardner admits that everyone has big dreams that motivate them to work hard. These dreams are the reason ‘why’ we work and give us the energy to keep going.
2. In 2024, Gardner suggests that writing down your dreams can help you achieve success. He also advises taking some time in January to consider what you want to accomplish in the coming year. If you didn’t achieve all of your objectives the previous year, Gardner recommends carrying them over to the next month and prioritizing them.
3. Setting goals is the key to success.” According to studies conducted at Yale and other universities, when dreams are written down, with a clear plan and measurable timeline, they are 94% more likely to be achieved.
4. It’s essential to set goals in a specific and achievable way. Sales professionals can set small, tangible goals that will help them succeed in their careers. By setting goals correctly, you can increase your chances of success in any area of your life.”
5. Gardner introduces the 80/17/3 rule, emphasizing that 80% of people attribute their success to the current market. Meanwhile, 17% of individuals credit their success to their mindset, while the remaining 3% who follow written goals earn more than the other 97% combined.
“Now is the time to turn into a goal-setter with the big dreams in your heart.” – Sean Gardner