The retail automotive industry is rapidly changing and all car dealers want to win big. There is no question about it. Dealers have learned through the rise of digital retailing that they must continue to move forward alongside the industry to remain successful. So what’s the best approach in today’s market? On today’s show, we’re pleased to welcome Terry Lancaster, automotive sales trainer and best-selling author of “How to Sell More Cars“, to discuss how automotive sales has changed and what dealers need to do to help their sales teams succeed.
In this segment, Lancaster and anchor Jim Fitzpatrick tackle the following:
- The impact of digital retailing on sales teams and how salespeople can continue to succeed in the digital world
- The significant differences in training for sales and management now, compared to just a few years ago
- What things dealers should be focused on right now
- The key takeaways from Lancaster’s new book, “How to Sell More Cars“
- The impact of digital retailing on sales training today
- Whether or not the salesperson is as relevant today as they were 5 years ago
- What skillset dealers should look for when recruiting in sales
- Projections for the automotive retail industry as we look beyond 2020
Terry Lancaster is an entrepreneur, speaker, and best selling author. He is also the co-founder and Vice President of Making Sh!t Happen at Instant Events Automotive Advertising serving car dealers around the globe for the last two decades. He specializes in helping salespeople build their own personal brands.
Did you enjoy this interview with Terry Lancaster? Please share your thoughts, comments, or questions regarding this topic with host Jim Fitzpatrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date or catch-up on all of our podcasts on demand.
While you’re here, don’t forget to subscribe to our email newsletter for all the latest auto industry news from CBT News.