A new e-commerce system is being launched by FordDirect, a joint venture between the automaker and its dealers for marketing and technological initiatives.
“The Shop” is an e-commerce platform that allows Ford and Lincoln dealers and retailers access to features and technologies that enable them to connect with pre-approved service providers. Then, vendors can assist with several duties, including credit pre-approval, warranty authorization, and customer lead development. This will save dealers time searching for vendors and negotiating costs while also providing a streamlined way to learn about offerings and enroll in new solutions for their businesses.
At launch, The Shop will feature the following vendors and models after the best online shopping experiences:
- Better Car People, an all-inclusive platform for business development centers (BDCs) to collaborate with ComplyAuto, a top dealership compliance software provider for F&I, safety/HR, privacy, and security, among other areas.
- OfferLogix, a soft-pull credit pre-qualification service
- STELLA Automotive AI: A single AI solution for a consistent experience across all dealership channels.
- Automated Digital Vehicle Portfolios, Reconditioning Management Software
- Volie, an automotive Call Center Software for BDCs,
- WarrCloud, a platform for warranty processing technology.
- Work Truck Solutions, Digital Marketing and Inventory Merchandising Tools for Commercial Trucks and Vans
FordDirect claims that dealerships require daily resources such as satisfying customers, adhering to rules, supervising staff, maintaining technology, and organizing sales events.
According to FordDirect CEO Dean Stoneley, “Dealers face challenges in keeping up-to-date while meeting their business goals, as every aspect of the auto industry is transforming via technology. To address these issues, The Shop is now available to assist Lincoln retailers and Ford dealers in finding the best suppliers for their needs.”