The agricultural sector can be an excellent resource for dealers looking to move trucks off their lots. However, many do not realize how large the industry truly is and often misunderstand what farmers and ranchers look for in their vehicles.
On this episode of Driving Solutions, host Jim Fitzpatrick is joined by Patrick “Pat” Driscoll, CEO and president of The Certified Agricultural Group. Driscoll and his team drive sales for dealers by helping them penetrate the agricultural sector, connecting farmers and ranchers with the products they need to care for their properties. Now, Driscoll joins the show to discuss the truck market and how Certified Agricultural Group is bringing more value to its clients.
1. Certified Agricultural Group is a marketing solution for dealers that helps storefronts earn more revenue from the agricultural sector.
2. The company connects its clients with special financing and rebate options that can drive more sales than standard automotive retail.
3. Demand in the agricultural sector will always be high since nearly 50% of the 2.2 million farms in the U.S. purchase at least one new or used truck every year.
4. Many dealers are unaware of the size of the agricultural sector, as Driscoll notes that even urban regions can contain a startling number of farms or ranches.
5. When farmers purchase trucks, their three top priorities are product quality, working with a dealer who understands their business and getting a return on their investment.
"Do the math; it comes out to over 900,000 trucks between new and used that farmers and ranchers are buying in a normal year. That's a lot of trucks." — Pat Driscoll