Dealers know they need effective marketing campaigns to grow their businesses. But with a rapidly evolving arsenal of tools at their personal and a consumer base with never-before-seen access to information and education, the retail automotive sector is having a difficult time keeping up with the latest practices.
On this episode of Kain & Co., host and founder of Kain Automotive David Kain is joined by Dave Spannhake, founder and CEO of Reunion Marketing. Spannhake has spent years researching data analysis and consumer behaviors to develop effective marketing campaigns for his dealership clients. Reunion Marketing has helped drive revenues and sales up across the nation’s vehicle retailers.
1. For dealers, effective marketing campaigns require class-first search engine optimization and an understanding of the behaviors behind user interactions.
2. Marketing campaigns also require adequate budgets. Dealers should carefully consider what their goals are and the costs involved in achieving them.
3. Different departments should be consulted when developing a dealership’s marketing strategy. This is to ensure that all of the different goals and needs within a dealership are aligned across operations.
4. Key performance indicators are crucial to marketing campaigns, as they allow dealers to benchmark their strategies and make adjustments as needed.
5. Spannhake and Kain have launched an organization of entrepreneurs and business leaders from both the automotive sector and other industries titled Vendor 20. Joining this group gives managers access to new perspectives so that they can develop effective marketing campaigns with support from experienced retailers.
"For us to be the most successful is for us to best understand what dealers need." — Dave Spannheke