The automotive industry can often be rough, filled with many long days, but it is nothing in comparison to what the men and women who choose to serve our country face on the front lines. This Veterans Day we are celebrating and honoring America’s heroes, our veterans. Many choose to get into the automotive field after service and to gain some insight into the lives of veterans in the automotive field we have put together a panel of industry leaders.
We’re pleased to welcome Joe Seppa, COO of Carlock Automotive Group and veteran of the U.S. Army, David Long, executive general manager at Hansel Auto Group, and former member of the Travis Regional Armed Forces Committee, and we’re also joined by Don Hall, President and CEO of the Virginia Automobile Dealers Association, and veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps.
In this segment, our panelists discuss the following:
- Their time in the service
- The skills they learned in the service that brought them into the auto industry
- Their proudest moments during their time in the military
- The unique challenges veterans may face after service
- What dealers should know about recruiting veterans
- Why is the automotive retail industry a great industry to pursue after service
- What the industry can do to better serve veterans
Be sure to watch our entire panel above for more great insight and advice from our panelists.
Did you enjoy this panel of automotive retail professionals and veterans? Please share your thoughts, comments, or questions regarding this topic with host Jim Fitzpatrick at email@example.com.