In 2023, the increasing use of advanced technology changed how dealers communicated with customers. But what can we expect in the customer experience as we go into 2024? Joining us on today’s episode of CBT Now is Joseph Michelli, Speaker, New York Times Best-Selling Author, and the CEO of The Michelli Experience. Michelli shares his perspective on this topic.
1. For the past 30 years, Michelli has been focusing on customer work. However, in 2023, salespeople encountered unexpected trends that compelled them to brace themselves for the upcoming year. Although they knew about AI, they did not anticipate its rapid growth or how brands could leverage it to reach customers based on their preferences.
2. Despite being aware of AI, many individuals still harbor reservations about the idea of “robots.” Michelli suggests that these individuals are generally uncomfortable with the fast-paced growth of technology and its impact on our emotional intelligence and daily lives.
3. According to Michelli, in 2024, there will be more hyper-personalization than ever before. This will be facilitated by the rise of voice and conversational interfaces, augmented reality will gain momentum, customer privacy will be given more importance, and self-service will become more prevalent.
4. Since the pandemic, people have become more willing to embrace accelerated technological growth, even if they were previously skeptical.
5. Moving forward, Michelli believes that consumers will be more in charge. If you are a small business owner, do not rely solely on technology, but invest in emerging technology wisely, and it will be an excellent year for you.
"AI is possibly the fastest growth of a singe-used technology I've seen throughout my career." – Joseph Michelli.