As the internet becomes an increasingly integral part of the automotive retail process, dealers must rely more heavily on digital solutions to drive sales and efficiency. In its effort to connect dealerships with the best tools for online commerce, J.D. Power has released a new tool called Darwin that can help retailers gain more insight than ever into their customers’ car-buying journeys.
On this episode of Driving Solutions, host Jim Fitzpatrick is joined by Ted Rubin, CEO of ActivEngage, a people-powered messaging solution for car dealerships, and Phil Battista, president of J.D. Power Dealership Technologies and Modern Retailing. Both Rubin and Battista have spent years helping dealers navigate the car market with leading insights and expertly crafted products. Now, they join the show to discuss the new Darwin tool and what it can do for retailers as the industry enters the final quarter of 2023.
1. As dealers begin to adopt more digital solutions at their storefronts, consumers are being pushed to shop online as well.
2. OEMs are also now encouraging dealers to adopt digital solutions to drive long-term success and sales.
3. J.D Power’s Darwin integrates with ActivEngage to allow dealers to track the car buyer journey and engage with customers at any point throughout the sales process.
4. Darwin ensures that buyers are always connected to a customer advocate to address pain points and assist them in the sales process as needed.
5. Compared to other digital solutions, Darwin is unique due to its ability to prepare dealers and salespeople for specific customer interactions.
"Buying a car is a complex process, ordering a car is even more complex, and not having an advocate along the way is difficult." — Phil Battista, J.D. Power