In this afternoon’s interview, CBT News welcomes back Allan Cooper, president and co-founder of PiM Insights, automotive finance, sales, and management veteran, and industry consultant.
Cooper and anchor Jim Fitzpatrick kick things off by discussing the overall impact COVID-19 has had on the industry. Cooper says, “It’s acted as an accelerant. We’re at this inflection point, or this crossroads of opportunity that a lot of people have embraced. It’s been forced upon them. I look back at the global financial meltdown as a similar situation.”
In this segment, the pair also discuss the following:
- The effect of the stimulus package on vehicle sales
- Rebuilding dealerships to facilitate the digital way of doing business
- Giving consumers a personalized experience
- The 2021 NADA Show moving to a virtual platform
- Why there is no going back to ‘business as usual’
- How AI is changing the automotive retail industry
- California’s ban on gas-powered vehicle sales
- Innovative retailers like Carvana and Vroom
Allan Cooper has over 35 years of automotive insight into the North American and Australian automotive retail markets. In 2005, he was honored by J.D. Power and Associates as a ‘Pioneer of Automotive Internet Retailing‘ for his success and innovation with digital retailing. He is also the leader of a group of companies integrating DaaS platforms and technologies which monitor and measure consumer behavior.
Did you enjoy this interview with Allan Cooper? Please share your thoughts, comments, or questions regarding this topic with host Jim Fitzpatrick at email@example.com.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date or catch-up on all of our podcasts on demand.
While you’re here, don’t forget to subscribe to our email newsletter for all the latest auto industry news from CBT News