Automotive M&A activity rebounded strongly after the beginning of the pandemic and has carried robust momentum into the end of 2020. Today, we speak with Alan Haig, founder and president of Haig Partners, one of the country’s leading automotive dealership brokerage firms. Haig Partners recently released the Q3 Haig Report which tracks trends in auto retail and the estimated impact they will on dealership values. Haig discusses current movements in the buy-sell market and what dealers can expect going into the new year.
In this segment, Haig and anchor Jim Fitzpatrick tackle the following:
- The formation of Haig Partners and some of the deals they have represented across the country
- The current state of the buy-sell market
- How the buy-sell market has fared in the third quarter of 2020
- How the results compare to the second quarter
- According to the report, in Q3 the industry saw 95 dealerships change hands, a 9% increase compared to Q3 2019. We find out what Haig attributes this increase to.
- How blue sky valuations are holding up
- How do interest rate cuts affect the buy/sell market?
Since founding Haig Partners in 2014, the company has closed over 150 dealership transactions for approximately $3 billion in value by providing advice and services to people looking to buy or sell higher value dealerships or dealership groups. Haig has over 15 years of experience in the automotive industry including The Presidio Group and AutoNation. Be sure to watch the full interview above for more great insight and advice.
Did you enjoy this interview with Alan Haig? Please share your thoughts, comments, or questions regarding this topic with host Jim Fitzpatrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date or catch-up on all of our podcasts on demand.
While you’re here, don’t forget to subscribe to our email newsletter for all the latest auto industry news from CBT News.