Success in sales boils down to three main factors. On the latest episode of Inside Automotive, Matt Easton, sales coach, consultant, and founder of Easton University, breaks these factors down and highlights how top dealers are leveraging them to excel in sales.
1. According to Easton, most salespeople fail in their endeavors because they do not follow the three-step component ladder to achieve success. The items on the ladder are:
- Your skill set,
- Your belief system, and
- Your daily activities.
2. Most dealers limit their belief system because it’s based on others’ negative experiences. Therefore, “it’s vital dealers take inventory of your current belief system,” says Easton.
3. Once dealers adjust their beliefs, concentrate on honing your skill set. Easton asserts there are 100 people who can help you with the tools and resources required to adjust your skills. Next, evaluate your daily activities that will work towards your next steps.
4. Easton guarantees that all it takes for dealers to have a long and successful sales career is to alter their mindset, acquire new abilities, and move up the activity ladder.
5. Easton claims dealers should write down the beliefs they bought into that they no longer wish to subscribe to. Write down the activities you didn’t do that you need to start and write down what skills you need to improve.
“If the ladder lacks steps or has one of its two support poles missing, it is impossible to climb.” – Matt Easton