As we navigate business and technology, one thing becomes apparent- The future belongs to those who can adapt and evolve. Joining us on today’s episode of CBT Now is Meridith Elliott Powell. Powell, Award Winning Business Expert, Keynote Speaker, and Best-Selling Author, breaks down how to navigate creating a ‘future-focused workforce.’
Meridith Elliott Powell is the developer of the THRIVE SYSTEM, a thoroughly investigated, tried-and-true approach that addresses the most pressing issue in business today- how to thrive in a constantly altering and very uncertain market. Her work sparked a movement, a belief that you can influence upcoming market shifts and that even the most challenging disruption can result in unprecedented growth.
1. Today, we live in a world that moves very rapidly. CEOs and executives require their teams to think more about the future than just their current position.
2. The term ‘future-focused workforce’ focuses on employees’ current workforce but constantly growing, evolving, and building skills for what’s to come.
3. Powell believes one strategy leaders can implement into a future focus is setting the tone for learning and development. Utilizing a brainstorming tactic allows the team to understand better how society and technology are changing and what they’re doing now to be more prepared for the future.
4. Employees resist change, but Powell believes, “People don’t like change because they feel it gets pushed upon them.” Therefore, leaders must include their people in their change processes. Ask how they can change rather than telling them.
5. Powell believes artificial intelligence is a great place to start the conversation around change. Since AI will never replace human connection, leaders can discuss the roles AI can fill and how it will evolve the workforce.
“Learn how to lead through the power of questions.” – Meridith Elliott Powell