Ford Pro introduced its second-generation EV charger, the Series 2 AC Charging Station 80 amp, on August 29. The new EV charger is intended to modernize and streamline the entire experience, making it simpler than ever for fleets to switch to electric vehicles.
After unveiling its newest charging options, Ted Cannis, CEO of Ford Pro, said, “We’re committed to helping businesses make the transition to electric easy with a single-minded focus on curated commercial charging solutions.”
The Ford Pro team developed the Series 2 EV charger after learning from its first-generation chargers and considering suggestions from fleet and business owners. The Series 2 AC Charging Station is now available for pre-order and has the following features:
- A detachable cable and connector to speed up charging and prevent repairs from disconnected or damaged cords.
- Various connectivity choices include pre-configured cellular and optional Ethernet and Wi-Fi (for areas with spotty service).
- RFID-enhanced security will prevent unauthorized charger access. Fleet managers can permit time-limited charging sessions for particular people or cars by designating the day and time for entry.
- A new LCD panel will show detailed directions on how to start charging and other crucial data like charge time, energy consumption, problem alarms, and more.
- Sensors that measure temperature to check for overheating.
- Extended operating temperatures range from -40°F to 122°F. In addition, it can operate at 3,500 mm of altitude.
- A three-year warranty on charger parts with 24/7 tech support.
The new EV charger will also be bundled with Ford Pro’s “one-stop shop” portfolio of products for all business needs, including charging, software, services, finance, and more.
The Ford F-150 Lightning Pro and Ford E-Transit electric van are just two of the all-electric vehicles Ford Pro offers that are equipped to tackle any mission. With more than 4,200 chargers under contract, the company reported a 22% QoQ growth in consumers using Ford Pro Charging solutions at the end of Q2.
Ford Pro compiled a list of incentives accessible to businesses, which can be found here.
Visit the following link to find out more: https://ford.to/Series2ChargerPreorder.