The year 2024 has already brought a wave of newly redesigned and innovative vehicles that have taken the automobile industry by storm. Cars.com, a leading automotive website, has recognized the best in terms of innovation, quality, and value and has released a list of the top 2024 model-year vehicles. This list aims to help car enthusiasts and potential buyers make informed decisions when purchasing a new vehicle.
The Best of the Year 2024 Award goes to:
- 2024 Chevrolet Trax. The 2024 Chevrolet Trax is a redesigned vehicle that costs around $24,000 when properly equipped and offers impressive in-car technology, including a user-friendly 11-inch touchscreen, wireless Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and available wireless charging. It is larger than its predecessor and Trailblazer sibling, with a comfortable backseat and plenty of storage space. Its turbocharged three-cylinder engine and six-speed automatic transmission offer a combined fuel economy of 34.1 mpg, and its exterior styling is similar to Chevrolet’s Blazer, setting a new standard for affordable cars.
The 5 finalists:
- 2024 Genesis Electrified GV70: A luxury SUV with an electric powertrain that produces 429 horsepower and 516 pounds-feet of torque. Its electric powertrain makes it silent, strong, swift, and quiet. The GV70 has a beautiful design, a luxurious interior, and a state-of-the-art multimedia system. It has a range of 236 miles but can be quickly recharged using a 350-kW DC fast charger. The adaptive suspension ensures a smooth ride, however, it’s not yet available in all 50 states.
- 2024 Honda Accord: The Honda Accord is a great alternative to SUVs. It’s affordable, fuel-efficient, and redesigned for 2023. The Accord Hybrid is especially impressive, with a comfortable interior and 52 mpg in our fuel economy test. It’s also fun to drive with sporty suspension and intuitive technology. Families will love its safety features and Car Seat Check scores. The starting price is below $30,000, and even the fully loaded Accord Touring is around $40,000.
- 2024 Hyundai Kona: The 2024 Hyundai Kona is a redesigned subcompact SUV with more space and innovative features. The exterior has a unique light-bar treatment and active grille shutters, while the interior has a digital gauge cluster and infotainment touchscreen. It also has available features like ventilated seats and a hands-free power liftgate. The base engine is not very powerful, but the available turbocharged engine performs well. The cabin is upscale, with solid assembly quality and premium materials. Despite being more expensive than before, the new Kona remains a solid value and one of the most compelling new vehicles of 2024.
- 2024 Kia Seltos: The 2024 Kia Seltos is a small SUV with updated exterior styling, a new X-Line trim, and dual 10.25-inch displays. It has two powertrains – a standard 2.0-liter four-cylinder and an available 195-hp turbo 1.6-liter four-cylinder. The latter is preferred for being quicker and having a better eight-speed automatic transmission. The Seltos is known for its comfortable driving experience, great steering, handling, and braking. Its interior is modern-looking with responsive infotainment. It’s also one of the quietest SUVs in its class. Kia packed the Seltos with features for its price and offered a generous warranty.
- 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander/ Grand Highlander Hybrid: The Toyota Grand Highlander is an all-new three-row SUV that combines reliability, hybrid fuel economy, and comfort. Unlike the original Highlander, it has a spacious third row that can fit actual adult humans. The Grand Highlander offers excellent fuel efficiency and performance with two hybrid powertrain choices. It has a large cargo area and a stylish, spacious interior with premium materials. It also renders the more expensive Lexus TX redundant, which shares a platform with it.