Social media has become one of the main ways for businesses to promote their products and services. By following this ‘trend’ you can grow your brand, not only by the growth of customers but also brand awareness. However, to be able to grow your company you will need to create an extremely strong audience and presence, on social media platforms such as Snapchat and Instagram.
Many large companies have already jumped onto that bandwagon by creating their own Instagram and Snapchat accounts. It isn’t a hard process, but you need to be sure to be appealing to your target audience depending on the products that you sell.
Snapchat For the Automotive Industry
Though there are endless ways for companies and brands to improve and enhance their social media strategies, we’ll be going through how Snapchat can get you further ahead from your competitors. Below, we’ve listed ten ways that you can promote your car dealership.
Snapchat is a platform known for its 24-hour stories and disappearing pictures and content. You can record videos and upload them into your Snapchat Stories. Around 40% to 60% of Snapchat users are likely to use your brands Geofilter while they are in your Geofilter’s area. There has been a huge spark in how many brands use Snapchat to promote their products, the amount has gone from less than 10% to around 80%.
Around 54% of Snapchat users check their accounts every day, which means that they will be extremely likely to see your story about your product or brand. Snapchatters watch over 10 billion per day – which has had had an increase of more than 350% since 2015.
Snapchat Tips for Automotive Dealership Industry
- Record Live Events
- Snapchat is the best place to stream real-time events as it gives audiences a direct access to live events. You could use your Snapchat story to show these one of a kind events like the 1,000th customer, product launches or trade shows. Snapchat can get your audience thrilled because you are providing a more authentic and different view of what is happening.
- Give Your Viewers Private Content
- You could use Snapchat to give a special ‘behind the scenes’ content that they may not be able to see on other platforms. Use something that other platforms may not have thought of.
- Offer Promotions, Perks or Contests
- Everyone enjoys social media promotions and giveaways, so browse through some ideas to retain your followers. Dealerships can offer discounts to Snapchatters who continually go through and watch the entirety of your Snapchat Story or you could offer promo codes.
- Partner with Other Big Brands
- Influencers on social media can help spread word your brand on Snapchat to their followers. By collaborating with social media stars, you can spread the word about your brand through them.
- Show Your New Products to Fan
- Snapchat is an excellent place to display your new products. Because these pictures only last for a limited amount of time, and you can expect a fair amount of chatter and buzz to gather around your product.
- Develop Content
- Give the audience a preview, sort of like a behind the scenes look at your business. Show them how your products are made, share some of your company’s history and the inspiration that started it all.
Instagram For the Automotive Industry
Amongst the big players, namely Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram’s parent company, Facebook – Instagram has made its name with the top social networks. As of April 2017, Instagram had 700 million monthly active users. This meant that it had surpassed the active number of users of Facebook Messenger, Twitter, and WhatsApp.
Instagram is seen as a platform meant to share beautiful and eye-catching pictures with the users’ followers. Simply add in a targeted hashtag strategy and you’ll be connected to your customers. Roughly 70.7% of businesses in the U.S. are using Instagram as a part of their social media strategy. That has been a huge growth since last year, which had 48.8% of businesses on Instagram. Now there is an upwards of 8 million Instagram Business profiles.
It’s claimed that every person follows at least one business on Instagram. On top of that, Instagram expects a $4 billion revenue in mobile advertising just in 2017. Since Instagram Stories have been released, it has had more than 250 million active users daily. There are studies that show posts with a location attached getting 79% more engagement.
Instagram Tips for Automotive Dealership Industry
As with most social networks, Instagram is quite straightforward to set up for business use. If your business does not already have an Instagram account, you simply need to sign up for one, add a profile picture, and link your other media platforms to it. After that’s done, you’ll need to keep up the interaction between you and your audience. There are several ways to do that, so we’ll be listing the top 6 ways.
- Balance Fun with Informative
- Telling a story through pictures not only engages your audience, but it also tells the information in a more put together look. You will have to track the engagement as you continue posting pictures to find out what your followers like best.
- Follow Back Followers
- Though it might not seem a big deal, the people you follow can make a huge difference. You can follow people and brands who style and aesthetic you enjoy and try to use them as inspiration.
- Inspire Potential Customers
- By posting photos that are relevant to your customers and brand, further enables the connection between them. For dealerships that can be about vehicles, people, sales events and so on.
- Leverage Photo Contests
- If possible, dealerships can hold photo contests through hashtags to engage their audience. This way you can have a collection of photos to share and create a connection with your customers.
- Engage in others peoples’ posts – like and comment
- Follow established followers
- Remember to include customized hashtags
- Showcase Employees
- Presenting your employees can give a behind the scenes look at your daily tasks. It also celebrates your staff and their value – therefore boosting the overall morale of the dealership.
Social media platforms are changing the way businesses communicate with one another and their customers. Automotive dealerships now have an easy way to communicate with their consumers in one central place where the information is readily available. In this article, we’ve outlined the best possible tools and techniques to further enhance your social media presence and strategy for Snapchat and Instagram.