As digitization becomes standard practice in dealerships, storeowners can often feel overwhelmed by the number of tools available to them. Greg Uland is the Vice President of Brand Marketing at The Reynolds and Reynolds Company, a digital technology service provider for the auto industry. Uland works closely with Ryan Osten, the Executive Vice President of Gubagoo, a commerce solutions platform for dealerships and a subsidiary of Reynolds and Reynolds. Together they joined CBT News anchor Jim Fitzpatrick at the 2023 NADA convention to discuss how their companies are making it easier for dealers to use technology in their businesses.
1. Consolidating technological tools, such as digital contracting and purchases, will help dealers reduce stress and improve efficiency in 2023, which is why Gubagoo has expanded the number features on its platform.
2. Automakers, dealerships and technology companies will need to set aside differences and collaborate to improve the customer experience.
3. Gubagoo will be focusing on improving the compatibility of its software platforms, to ensure different programs communicate flawlessly with each other, reducing the amount of time it takes for dealers to conduct business.
4. Digital transactions will account for a substantial portion of dealership sales within the next ten years.
5. Uland expects 2023 to be a good year for retail automotive, thanks to the hard work of dealers, and their efforts to improve their services.
“Any point in [the] customer experience is going to erode trust.” — Ryan Osten
— Greg Uland is the VP of Brand Marketing at The Reynolds and Reynolds Company, where he has worked for over 14 years to revolutionize the dealership retail experience.
— Ryan Osten is the Executive VP of Gubagoo, where he has helped the company become an industry-wide resource for the last eight years.
Click here for more 2023 NADA Show coverage on CBT News.
Did you enjoy this interview? Please share your thoughts, comments, or questions regarding this topic by connecting with us at email@example.com.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and TikTok to stay up to date.
While you’re here, don’t forget to subscribe to our email newsletter for all the latest auto industry news from CBT News.