Employee retention is a recurring challenge for automotive retailers, and as dealers look to prepare their teams for a more competitive market in 2023, they may want to know how to keep good employees on staff. Adam Robinson is the Co-Founder and CEO of Hireology, a respected human relations and recruitment platform servicing multiple industries. CBT News anchor Jim Fitzpatrick got the opportunity to sit down with Robinson at the 2023 NADA convention to hear his thoughts on how storeowners can hold onto their best performers throughout 2023.
1. Robinson notes that sales departments have become too acclimated to the low pressure environment the last two years have created, and that retaining staff may become even more difficult as vehicle prices, and income, drop.
2. To be successful in 2023, Robinson recommends that dealers speed up the recruitment process to avoid losing talent to their competition.
3. Robinson notes that many of Hireology’s clients cut floor hours and see productivity increases in their sales department, highlighting the need for dealers to give their employees more flexibility.
4. Robinson explains that women with sales careers in the auto industry have a turnover rate over 90% in the first twelve months due to a lack of flexibility.
5. The cost of turnover, and losing out on great talent, is more expensive in the long run than providing assistance and flexibility for employees.
“dealers are asking us how do we prepare our staff for a 50% pay cut next year.” — Adam Robinson
— Adam Robinson is Hireology’s CEO and co-founder, an award-winning entrepreneur and well known speaker with 20 years of experience in recruitment.
Click here for more 2023 NADA Show coverage on CBT News.
Did you enjoy this article? Please share your thoughts, comments, or questions regarding this topic by connecting with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.