TSLA342.2702.31%
GM86.7700.38%
F14.3650.475%
RIVN15.360-0.46%
CYD45.240-0.32%
HMC31.5800.38%
TM191.1102.4%
CVNA75.6201.92%
PAG219.8501.18%
LAD377.550-1.10999%
AN209.4101%
GPI263.9500.94001%
ABG210.6600.08%
SAH80.8301.59%
TSLA342.2702.31%
GM86.7700.38%
F14.3650.475%
RIVN15.360-0.46%
CYD45.240-0.32%
HMC31.5800.38%
TM191.1102.4%
CVNA75.6201.92%
PAG219.8501.18%
LAD377.550-1.10999%
AN209.4101%
GPI263.9500.94001%
ABG210.6600.08%
SAH80.8301.59%
TSLA342.2702.31%
GM86.7700.38%
F14.3650.475%
RIVN15.360-0.46%
CYD45.240-0.32%
HMC31.5800.38%
TM191.1102.4%
CVNA75.6201.92%
PAG219.8501.18%
LAD377.550-1.10999%
AN209.4101%
GPI263.9500.94001%
ABG210.6600.08%
SAH80.8301.59%

Stellantis CEO looks to rebuild momentum after challenging post-merger

The automaker’s shares remain below pre-merger levels as CEO Antonio Filosa focuses on execution, U.S. market share gains, and brand stabilization.

Stellantis shares

On the Dash:

  • Stellantis shares remain sharply lower five years after the brand’s merger, reflecting investor concerns over strategy, margins, and execution.
  • New CEO Antonio Filosa is prioritizing U.S. market recovery, pricing resets, and improved relations with dealers and suppliers.
  • The automaker is reevaluating product and electrification plans while preparing to outline its next strategic phase.

Stellantis enters its sixth year as a global automaker, still working to stabilize performance, as a prolonged share-price decline and a strategic reset highlight the challenges facing the company formed by one of the auto industry’s largest mergers.

Five years after Fiat Chrysler and France-based Groupe PSA completed their $52 billion combination, Stellantis shares remain well below their debut levels. The automaker reported its U.S.-listed shares are down roughly 43% since January 2021, while Italian-listed shares have fallen about 40%. The stock mainly traded higher until early 2024, when weaker financial results and concerns over cost-cutting and EV investments triggered a sharp pullback.

The downturn intensified scrutiny of leadership following the December 2024 departure of former CEO Carlos Tavares, who played a central role in forming Stellantis. His exit came amid growing criticism of aggressive cost controls and ambitious profit targets under the company’s “Dare Forward 2030” plan.

Sign up for CBT News’ daily newsletter and get the latest industry stories delivered straight to your inbox

Current CEO Antonio Filosa, who took the helm last summer, is now reshaping Stellantis’ approach. Speaking at the Detroit Auto Show, Filosa said the company is entering a year focused on execution, with particular attention on regaining U.S. market share for the Jeep and Ram brands after prolonged sales declines.

Filosa has moved to reset relationships with dealers, suppliers, and employees, while approving changes to pricing and product strategy, including a reduced emphasis on electrified vehicles. Company executives have previously acknowledged that earlier cost-cutting efforts strained key partnerships and weakened competitiveness.

Stellantis shares have risen modestly since Filosa assumed the role in June, though investor caution remains. The stock closed last week at $9.60, well below its 2024 highs.

Filosa also signaled openness to reassessing Stellantis’ extensive brand portfolio, which includes Fiat and Alfa Romeo, but said he believes the company should remain intact rather than pursue breakups or asset sales.

Further details on Stellantis’ direction are expected later this month, when Filosa meets with senior executives ahead of a planned capital markets update focused on execution and longer-term priorities.

Read More
More from Industry News
Revised USMCA proposals could cost billions annually, Detroit automakers warn

Revised USMCA proposals could cost billions annually, Detroit automakers warn

- August 14, 2026
On the Dash: USMCA revisions raising U.S. content thresholds to 50% could add at least $2 billion in annual costs per company. GM projects $2.5 billion to $3.5 billion in...
Polestar dealer sues automaker for $25M over U.S. market exit

Polestar dealer sues automaker for $25M over U.S. market exit

- August 13, 2026
On the Dash: Polestar's U.S. exit could create significant financial and operational uncertainty for its dealer network. Prestige Imports alleges Polestar planned its U.S. departure before the government denied authorization...
Ford to end China-built Lincoln Nautilus imports, shift production to U.S.

Ford to end China-built Lincoln Nautilus imports, shift production to U.S.

- August 13, 2026
On the Dash: Ford's decision could give dealers more visibility into the automaker's long-term U.S. production and allocation plans for the Nautilus. The shift highlights how tariffs and trade policy...
Mexico pushes for lower auto tariffs as USMCA talks continue, WSJ reports

Mexico pushes for lower auto tariffs as USMCA talks press on, WSJ reports

- August 13, 2026
On the Dash: Mexico's counterproposal would tax only non-North American content, potentially cutting the top tariff rate from 25% to 5-10%. Automakers have warned they could pull entry-level models from...
CBT News
Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.