In this interview with Adam Robinson, CEO & Co-Founder of Hireology, Joe finds out the best and worst methods of recruitment and retaining employees in dealerships today. With 20 years experience under his belt Adam has seen retail automotive transform. He says that the 2 biggest problems involved in hiring good people are nobody teaches the recruiter how to hire and there is not enough time put into the dealership’s process of hiring. For your dealership to build a successful recruiting program you must start with your culture, management and your employment brand. “Great people don’t want to work for bad managers”.
Here are the questions Joe asked Adam. Tune in to find out how you can improve your employment process and find the right people:
- What bad hiring practices do you often see at dealerships?
- What should a dealership’s recruitment process consist of?
- What should dealerships put in their job ads?
- Does a poor culture impact hiring good people?
- How do you fire a long term employee that does not fit in anymore?
- What should a dealership look for in a sales manager?
- What are the top 5 things dealerships need to do to lure young staff to work at their dealership?