In early August 2023, a series of wildfires broke out in the U.S. state of Hawaii, predominantly on the islands of Maui and Lahaina. These catastrophic wildfires left the Hawaii community with hundreds of thousands of lives and buildings destroyed. Authorities warn that the recorded fatalities could rise beyond the reported hundreds as people search for bodies through the ashes and rubble.
On the latest episode of Kain and Co., host David Kain, president of Kain Automotive, is joined by Julie Tabarejo, Marketing Director of The Tony Group Autoplex, to discuss the relief efforts the dealership is currently spearheading for the victims of the “largest natural disaster in Hawaii’s state history.”
1. The Tony Group Autoplex is a family-owned dealership founded by Tony Masamitsu. The group’s goal is to provide an exceptional experience, whether you’re buying a new car, a used car, or servicing your present vehicle. Tony has operated on the tenet of treating clients like friends for more than 45 years.
2. The auto group is committed to giving back to the community. For example, they immediately began collecting donations for the victims in Maui and Lahaina.
3. The Tony Autoplex also partnered with Hawai’i Community Foundation, a local non-profit, where 100% of the donations go to the relief efforts.
4. Tabarejo states, “Although the donations are intended to help those who need immediate relief, the destruction in Maui and Lahaina will continue long after.”
5. Beyond the massive destruction of the wildfire, the Tony Group remains in a highly competitive market. Despite the competition, there is a great deal of diversity between the residents of central Lahaina and downtown Maui; as a result, Tabarejo asserts, “Our friendly culture serves all needs.”
6. If you want to contribute to the foundation and leave a donation, please go to Hawiicommunityfoundatio.org
“Here at the Tony Group, we are hyperfocused on rebuilding and allowing the community the opportunity to restart." – Julie Tabarejo