More robust new and used car inventories have contributed to American Honda’s double-digit sales growth in April to reach 116,00 units.
Here are the Brand’s numbers:
- Honda topped 102,000 units in April, up nearly 25% for the month, with solid sales across the lineup.
- Honda electrified models set monthly sales records, with CR-V and Accord hybrid-electric models nearing 60% of the sales mix.
- All-new CR-V exceeds 30,000 units for second straight month with hybrid sales of 18,264 units.
- Honda light trucks remain strong, with the all-new Pilot of 9,949 units and HR-V of 8,970 units in high demand. The Odyssey, with 7,314 units, nearly doubled in sales compared to April 2022; Ridgeline, of 4,903 units, has posted the best April since 2006
- Honda’s continued commitment to the car segment pays off as combined sales of Civic and Accord sedans reach 35,614
- The all-new Accord posted 19,297 units in April, with record sales of hybrid models at 11,228 units.
- A high turn rate helps Civic overcome limited supply to the top 16,000 units.
The data for its Acura Brand:
- Acura sales topped 13,000 units for the second month in a row, which is up more than 20% in April.
- All-new Integra posts the best month since hitting dealer lots in June 2022, topping 3,300 units to continue leading the premium gateway segment.
- Strong MDX sales of over 5,700 units push Acura light trucks past the 8,000-unit month mark.
American Honda total sales:
- Total car sales: 123.968 in 2023 vs. 114,310 in 2022, an 8.4% year-over-year change.
- Total truck sales: 229,855 in 2023 compared to 206,142 in 2022, an increase of 11.5% annually.
- Total Acura car sales: 16,403 vehicles sold in 2023 vs. 10,188 in 2022; a 61% increase year-over-year.
- Total Acura truck sales: 30,363 vehicles sold in 2023 vs. 29,028; a 4.6% increase.