As Ford’s CEO Jim Farley has often stated, the carmaker must increase quality, and the new 2023 J.D. Power U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study, which was announced on Feb. 9, places Ford and Lincoln among the worst brands.
Whereas, GM sees Cadillac, Chevrolet, and Buick as among the best.
For the third year in a row, Lexus ranks best among all brands, according to J.D. Power, a renowned consumer insights firm that has delivered data-driven industry analysis for fifty years. Overall, the Toyota C-HR and Lexus RX are the two most dependable cars.
According to J.D. Power, the study looked at how 2020 model-year vehicles are already performing in terms of quality, component replacement, and attractiveness with the goal of assisting automakers in creating better vehicles. Results are based on feedback from 30,062 original 2020 model-year owners three years after purchase.
Additionally, the study, which was carried out from August through November 2022, examines 184 issues in nine primary vehicle categories: seats, features/controls/displays, infotainment, exterior, climate, driving assistance, and driving experience.
The most reliable pickups and SUVs:
- Toyota C-HR and Lexus RX share the title of the best overall model.
- Chevy Silverado HD is the best heavy-duty pickup.
- Top 2 heavy-duty big pickups: Toyota Tundra and GMC Sierra
- Toyota Tacoma and Chevy Colorado are the top 2 midsize pickups.
- Top 3 small SUVs: Jeep Cherokee, Buick Envision, and Kia Sportage
- Lexus NX, Cadillac XT4, and BMW X3 are the top three compact premium SUVs.
- Chevy Blazer, Hyundai Santa Fe, and Ford Edge are the top 3 midsize SUVs.
- Toyota C-HR, Buick Encore, and Chevy Trax are the top 3 small SUVs.
- The greatest all-around premium car is a Lexus, followed by Genesis, Cadillac, and BMW.
- The best mass-market automobile overall is a Kia, followed by Buick, Chevrolet, Mitsubishi, and Toyota.
- Ram, Volvo, and Nissan have all improved their brands the most. Ram and Volvo continue to perform below average while Nissan into the top 10.
- Toyota offers a variety of vehicles, including the Lexus NX, RX, C-HR, Highlander, Sienna, and Tacoma.
- GM offers the Chevrolet Silverado HD, Chevrolet Tahoe, Chevrolet Blazer, and GMC Sierra.
- MINI Cooper, BMW X2, BMW X5, and BMW AG comprise BMW.
- Hyundai offers the Kia Sportage, Kia Optima, and Forte.
Whereas, Ford, Audi, Lincoln, and Land Rover were the bottom four worst of the 31 brands examined.
According to Frank Hanley, senior director of automotive benchmarking at J.D. Power, “the difficulty with Ford is they have a high launch mix in 2020, with Aviator, Corsair, Explorer, and Escape.” “Launch vehicles typically experience greater issues. In light of this, the Ford and Lincoln brands were affected. Over the years, Lexus and Toyota have regularly ranked at the top of lists of automobile dependability. Their quality ratings are reliable “He continues.
Did you enjoy this article? Please share your thoughts, comments, or questions regarding this topic by connecting with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and TikTok to stay up to date.
While you’re here, don’t forget to subscribe to our email newsletter for all the latest auto industry news from CBT News.